Gemstone jewellery careHow to keep it looking beautiful and radiant
Gemstone care: what you should be aware of
Most gemstones are sensitive and do not tolerate scratches.
- Avoid friction: Make sure that gemstones do not come too close and rub against one another. Stones with different degrees of hardness mean that they can easily scratch one another.
- Correct storage: You should store your gemstone jewellery in separate locations protected from one another. The best way to do this is to use a jewellery box with separate compartments. This will also prevent dust consisting of tiny but very hard quartz particles from damaging the polish and beauty of your stones.
- Take off your jewellery when working: Hard blows can split or break a gemstone. For that reason, you should not wear large colour gemstones or gemstones with inclusions while doing the housework or gardening.
- Avoid chemicals: Only put on your pearls and other jewellery with gemstones after you have applied all creams, deodorants and perfumes and finished the housework.
- Avoid strong sunlight: Do not expose colour gemstones and pearls to extreme sunlight over extended periods of time; the same applies to solariums and sun lamps because the rays can cause the intensity of colour of the stones to fade.